Terperanjat Aku

We were having dinner with MD on the second day of the trip. While pushing rice using chopsticks, he paused and asked, "So Shuying, how is your boyfriend?" 8 of us, including myself, were stopped pushing rice and looked into my direction, quietly waiting for a response. I sheepishly smiled and denied, "I'm single lah, Mr. Lim." He was like shocked to hear it. "What happened to your boyfriend?" I then again denied it. So BD manager looked bizarrely at MD, "Are you sure you have seen her boyfriend before?" Everyone started backing me up, "We all knew she is single since she joined the company."

"Noooo... I have seen her boyfriend waiting and picking her up outside the hotel." Everyone stopped pushing rice again. OUTSIDE HOTEL?! I was friggin' innocent!

"What car did he drive?" BD manager asked.

"Tsk tsk. Look at you girls, only noticed what car a guy drives. I can't remember the car though."

"Sometimes her mother still drives her to work. You sure it's a guy?"

"No, really. I could remember it was a guy in the car."

Everyone was guessing here and there and I couldn't wait to get this over, "Boss, I haven't been to a hotel with a guy, you see."

"Was it Cazz you have mistaken her with?" BD manager saved my life!

"OH! Yeah yeah yeah! She has a boyfriend. Sorry sorry, haha... I think it wasn't you then." My goodness I almost rose and danced Beyonce's Single Lady on the spot.

When we thought the drama was almost over, he raised another question, "So why don't you have a boyfriend?" And it just left me "Eh... eh... ehh..." and eventually the conversation went off when it's time for dessert. Phew!

Comments

Robbstar said…
It's time to think of a reason to tell people... like..
"No is not the time?"
"I want.. but nobody want me.. =(" LOL or...
something odd like..
"I actually have one.. except no one else can see him cause he's make believe..." whahahhaha

My brain cannot think of a nice answer lar...

or just plain... "Yeah... how come ah... I wonder sometimes. Why ah? Do you know why ah?" then can move to something else. LOL
Xuyene said…
Okay I definitely won't answer like I want but nobody wants me WAHAHAHAHA!!! The third one is not exactly how should I tell my boss, later he jeez me :S

But the last one, EPIC :D

Oh you know my IT manager always bug me like "your bf should have told you that." and my reply always goes like "Yeah? Mind getting him now so that he could tell me what you just told him to?" HAHA he straight away walked away.
Robbstar said…
hahahaha.. sometimes I wonder why people ask these questions....
Naturally 8? Or they are just curious. Hmmm.... I think if next time someone asks me I'll answer the 3rd. Like zx's make believe bf last time... LOL
Xuyene said…
They have nothing else to talk about. Lame opener though. HAHA and do you have to pretend hugging or leaning on your make-believe bf's shoulder? xD she very ke ai okay. I think I probably will go "HAR-HAR.. Pass! I can tell you something more interesting."

"As in?"

"I have the superpower of making you feel lamer and lamer and eventually stop talking to me :)" HAHAHAHAHAHA WTF!
Anonymous said…
hahaha wtf u dun lame low shuying. Beyonce so innocent here.


zx
Xuyene said…
I'm promoting her song and maybe I can try the dance move HAHAHAHAHA really wtf I can't believe I just said that!!

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨