Snacks with identities

Back in The Manors, there were some remarkable groceries which defined a tenant's individuality and distinctive tastes that would easily be identified in the kitchen cabinets and super small refrigerator. So by looking at these spectacular snacks, you will point at it and confidently say, "OMG! This is so You!"



My roommate, Robbster

Cabinet: Cadbury, Darell Lea, and other Australian brand chocolate bars and confectioneries; unique tinned box's biscuits purchased during Easter's Day; various 1kg cereal boxes;

Fridge: Greek cheese, fruity cheese, Nude juices, Ski/Yoplait/Home brand yoghurts, lite/low fat milks, more carrots and tomatoes and chicken thighs/fillets, Sara Lee's ice-cream, some special dessert.

They were more but the point here is, she is voted as the most health-conscious fellow among three of us.

My housemate, Debbie

Cabinet: Korean spicy/seafood/Shin/Jae-Jyung Myeon instant noodles; Instant mushroom soups; dried pasta and pasta white sauces; 3-in-1 Nescafe; Panda cookies.

Fridge: Finger snacks, minced chicken meat, frozen char siew bao, pizza slices; Coles/Woolie pasta or potato salad.

She stocked up various instant noodles and considered oneself as the most unhealthy fellow in the house.

Yours truly, Coffeeholic

Cabinet: Robert Timms/Coles coffee, sugar, instant cereal beverages, 3-in-1 Mandheling coffee; Woolie's Homebrand Choco Chips, Fanta; Lindt dark chocolates; dried pasta and Bolognese sauces; Thai tomyum instant noodles or Indon Mee or Korean Jae Jyung Myeon; Coles muesli, Uncle Toby's muesli bars.

Fridge: Fruit juice or Soymilk; Coles/Woolie coleslaw; Frozen char siew bao and pizza slices; Chicken thighs/fillets.


In fact, I missed looking into those piled-up foods on cabinets. So much fun cooking in the kitchen while watching The Simpsons/Witch Yoo-Hee/1 Litre of Tears or blasting some stupid songs like CNY songs, Jai Ho, London Bridge etc.

Those were the days in our house. 我们的家, the most classic quote from Ms Debbie, with remarkable gesture that never failed to crack us up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
HAHAHAHA!!

I like this post!

Btw, u miss out soo wen's tonnes of vitamins in cabinet!


oh no, now only i realize how unhealthy i am..not that i didnt know about it but it's up a level again.


yessa! 我们的家!!!!!! LOL


xoxo



mouliu housemate
Xuyene said…
Oh yeah the vitamin bottles! It scared me when she lined them up on the Made-in-Malaysia table LOL!

And you know what, I forgot to mention your WASABI PEAS! though it wasn't in public area but at least it's frequent in the house.

Aiyah you collected instant noodles, she collected chocolates, and I collected coffees! So someone else would point at the noodles and say, "OMG this is so ZX!" Damn kao special okay!!!
Robbstar said…
eh cause I weak mar.. so need to take vitamins lor.. =(

I got take full cream milk one lor... hahahha from the looks of it I take quite a bit of dairy. I don't remember eating greek cheese.... hahahah

ZX's potato salad... hahahhaha very big lor that tub.

AH! Wasabi peas... how come u didn't put what is ours?

Cabinet: $2 Doritos, $2-$2.5 Sour Cream & Onion Smith's.

Fridge: 3kg orange juice (LOL) And various fruits which might belong to us but we have no idea. LOL
Xuyene said…
You some more belanja me your soon-to-be-expired vitamins -___- fruit cheese but it looked Greek har har!

Ours were all convenient junk food. Those fruits were wasted "Your fruit lah, I ate those already. 6 each. Must be yours or XX already." damn kickass lah this line!
Robbstar said…
"No lar.... 8 each... these are yours!* lol we don't buy that many lor....

I got give you almost expiring vitamins ah? don't remember wor... I see you lack of vitamins mar.. LOL very nice mar the junk food. Here quite uncomparable.. the best is still the red rock one... wah! Best!
Xuyene said…
Got loh. You even told me it's gonna expire in May 2009 and we shouldn't waste the vitamins.

Red rock what? Cheese ar? I cut down a lot of junk food already. Cheap access to food makes me damn gao fat.
Robbstar said…
Yes ah? I forgot which one.. I think it's the vitamin C blue bottle one... LOL

Red rock.... mmmm ur birthday winnie got buy for you one... I got buy myself and try and let you try also... forgot what flavour already...

Their flavour quite unique one... Sweet Chilli & sour cream... mine was moroccan chicken I think....
Xuyene said…
Sorry my mind can only remember those petty details HAHA it's normal you don't remember it no worries.

Oh that one, quite nice! Quite expensive though. I ate that once and stuck with Smiths, still. OH SMITHS AND FANTA!
Anonymous said…
hahahaha why you'll comment so funny one.. SW~! never give me ur soon expired vitamins one? maybe i don't look like i lack of vitamins? LOL


OH NO our dearest FANTA!!
but remember in NZ, we cant finish it before boarding and we have to throw it away T.T..poor fanta...


zx
Xuyene said…
You very lack of vitamins meh? You need more wasabi peas not vitamins :P

Sob sob yeah loh that kesian punya Fanta. We didn't finish it till the last drip :( I think we just didn't want to finish it all HAHAHAHA

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨