人不美,就往丑的方向发展

Weekend is meant to be chillaxing. Dropped off my workloads, hit the road, and get some good food with awesome companions as always. Gosh, he called us the Manors Love.


Photo courtesy of Mr Kenny

Went for KL Design Week. Spent around 2 hours appreciating Australia contemporary architectural arts, Japanese typo-graphics, Japan Media Arts, Tokyo Visualist, Japan Young Illustrations, and missed not our very own Malaysian paintings. I personally favoured for the Unity (3 different colours of Chilies as metaphors in illustration), Waterfalls (very surreal looking), and Nanyang Chineses Kopitiam (the high-waist pants with belt clinched on, jade-stoned golden ring, classic white singlet, and kopi-O on the table). I was surprised to see the portrait of Tan Hong Ming and Umi Qazrina - their innocent smiles were so heartwarming.

As for Japanese arts, it never fails to cheer one's up with mostly white and bright background and simple few strokes to capture your attentions. Suffices to say, a smile and two thumbs up.

Visiting National Arts Gallery brought me back to the moment of how much I appreciated the Picasso's arts. If a picture puts on an appropriate caption, it totally hits the spot and makes you salute them from heart.

I guess I've inspired by this exhibition and it's time to hit my strategy board right away.

Comments

Robbstar said…
人不美,就往丑的方向发展

hahahahhahah.....
hahahhahahha.....

The Tan Hong Ming one was quite shocking. Didn't know there was a picture on it. The innocence, naivety and pureness captured in a painting.
Xuyene said…
My spontaneous quote :)

That artist is awesome as being able to paint their innocence and making me beam in heart :D

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨