Scattered memories, undelivered Christmas parcel, and a broken guitar

The telephone calls you made from the other side of the world during working hour and the jokes I created that cracked you up. You never stopped teasing me when I filled in the wrong documents and yet you amended it all eventually. We exchanged the routines we have had in our lives; and sometimes you told me about how clear the skies were when you stopped by Victoria harbour, whereas most of the time it's about the incidents you met on the bus or the stuffs that reminded you about me. I threatened you to skip gig practices so I could hear you play from home, minus the horrible singing. You are the first guy telling me I have a nice smile; you swore the success of your confession over your favourite signature guitar; it was smashed while I broke your heart. The decision teared your heart but little did you know your sentiment broke me down inch by inch and we ended our last telephone conversation with only shaking voices. That night, long distance defeated both of us, swiftly and silently - and I've lost a friend, and you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨