11.11.11

Months ago I wasn't sure how would I want to pick up the befriending mood to make a new colleague feel welcoming when the existing fellow left the department while I was on field work. All I knew was he had really charming emcee voice.

And I thought he was not helpful at work. Coercive invitation was sent to him to help out in my event - he made me go chagrin by trying to pull my legs during the event. Guess I was too rigid to put up with his jokes. And I thought he was a bad influence. He would pester me for daily unofficial 4pm tea break at pantry, without fail. He said, I needed a break hence, the tea-break.

And I thought he was kinda cool for making breakthrough from departmental state to office changes. He made me ponder and talked me into implementation and completing a proposal I thought I would never want to start it for thinking the idea would not be sold. And I thought I was lucky to have found an addition to Starbucks Joy Luck Club. This was where all the magics happened - a birthplace for all the advertising ideas and business plans. Oh forgot not the sacred hideout for gossiping as well. Other than the manager, he could easily calm me and inject the positive vibes to lighten the worst thing I could do to ruin the harmonious environment.

And I thought we could always hang out like friends someday. He then announced about his resignation. And I thought I would cry. Before he left, he tried to fill me with heaps of ideas and wanted me to help realising all plans, if possible. I can hardly admire someone and be truly inspired by his positivity, passion, and energy in life - guess he could be the first. Ah! he is my second mentor after my manager, just in case you wonder about our relationship, minus all the scandalous remarks that have been circulated in the office.

And I thought 11.11.11 was just another ordinary day in my life. Definitely it is a leap of faith in yours.

See you in another Starbucks Joy Luck Club session!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨