Surprise on the one-six

We have been walking through sunny and rainy days for almost 18 months since last June. Few months before we met each other, I was pretty skeptical about love and relationship because love became luxurious for people who are lacking of career and financial grounds. Until we met, until we started seeing each other, until we acknowledged each other, we thought it could be fun to cross path and walk on the journey without playing hard and trying on tricks and mind games.

Love was a breeze the like of those days when a boy held a girl's hand, looked in her eyes and asked a simple question "I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?". Shy yet very sincere and affirmed about his confession. Girl just nodded without suggesting a probation or questioning his sincerity. Love is, as if, the easiest thing to do.

We are just like any couple you would see on the streets, except the extraordinary body heights. People around us love seeing us together. He is a guy grown up under the influence of Asian culture; whilst I'm a rebel in between Asian education and western culture. Mutual respect and understanding are very much needed for couple who don't agree with almost everything in life. Maybe the only common thing between us is we're old souls in many ways.

Today I receive this story book from this big guy. Very surprised and unexpected for an old soul who is deemed to be lacking of romantic creatives. I cried when I read till the last page. Gift is cheap but the 6-month preparation is priceless. He learnt about my favourite animation 'Up'. He remembered things I've mentioned. He appreciated even the smallest I've done for him. He could simply say there is no need to make up any reason to be in love but he didn't and he chooses to put in a lot of effort to make this book look more meaningful.

Very cheesy but thank you for making the journey happier, easier for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨