Another another weight loss brag

August 6 marked my 4-month of weight loss journey. When my weight was stagnant in the last two months, I hit the plateau already, which was sooner than I thought that's it. On second thought, I was thinking I was at certain weight below what I weighed currently so there must be way to get back. 2 months later, I broke the plateau and the weight further reduced 6 kg. What's more surprising to me is the reduction of my total body fat reduced by 4% while muscle mass increased by 7%. Right now, I am at the weight from 5 years ago, with less body fat and more muscle mass.

Learning:

  1. Stay motivated by changing workout plan everyday. Those YouTube fitness videos are extremely helpful without thinking how to tweak your routine. If the mood says 30-min, then pick a 30-min routine; if you feel like doing 10-min today, then split 5-min each for upper and lower body.
  2. Everything is on your mind - learn one new move every week and practice it. You can't do it today doesn't mean you can't do it tomorrow. Increase intensity once a week on great-form day. Remember, your body is fast learner.
  3. Consistency is key - on time for eating, sleeping, moving, exercising, and fitting all of them in schedule.
Bonus:
  • Add more consistency - my husband and I find joy in weight loss competition. We wake up the same time to weigh ourselves before first glass of water every morning.
  • Deter temptation of shopping for new clothes - attempt to fit in clothes I thought I would never be able to wear them and now I own more to wear and the wardrobe turnaround time has increased. 
  • Less spend on food - basically I still practice 20:4 so 1 meal is essential while most of the time I am not eating I spend my time on work, read, and workout everyday.
Realistically, I have less than 4 months to end 2020. I don't have a target on my mind but I am going to challenge to reduce more body fat and tone as much as I can on stubborn and flabby areas, and let's see 5 kg reduction is what I could achieve this year, with no bounce back. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨