What does 10kg mean to me

I have been bragged about my weight loss journey to my husband as and when the scale shows some positive results in the last 6 months. Some people notice the difference of the overall body shape, while some just notice the face is less chubby now. Most of the people perceive my diet plan is not feasible to begin the change with when I explain about the various intermittent fasting I practiced throughout the 6-month, while some think the drastic change will cause my weight fluctuates once I stop practicing whatever I'm doing right now.

What does 10kg weight loss mean to me:
  • Weight went up when I started training twice a day without taking care of my diet and it's rather demotivating on the first month. So, that's where I attempted intermittent fasting and exercise once a day. Result kicked in fast on second month with 2kg loss. 
  • Intermittent fasting is NOT a shortcut to weight loss - it is more like a change in eating pattern. I began with 16:8, 18:6, 20:4, and OMAD at my peak, and now I practice 20:4 on weekdays and 18:6 on weekends. 14:10 on my cheat day, either Saturday or Sunday but I don't practice them every weekend. I made a mistake for being too rigid on social gathering and now I am more flexible with my mind of enjoying the company, the meals, and the workout without guilt.
  • I experimented cardio, strength training (TABATA or HIIT), and stretching in the beginning of this journey. Hated cardio so much that I was always out of breath in the midst of 5-min training. Just imagine how weak I thought I was. I stopped cardio and made a switch to bodyweight strength training. I felt more productive, motivating and satisfied with what I could achieve within 5-min, and gradually progressed to 10-min, 15-min, 20-min, and now 30-min. I completed 60-min on my best days too. I'm tuning back with some cardio on alternate days.
  • Persistence is key - regardless of how busy is my schedule and how late I end my work day, I make sure I do my leg work for 5 mins. Once you kick off, you keep telling yourself, why not another 5? Make it a habit of moving your body, appreciate what you body can do today. It's never a waste of your time for even 5-min leg raise before bedtime. 
  • I prove my mind is stronger than what my body can take - don't give up when things get tough - not during your workout, not at work, and not in your life. Life is never easy, so is your work, and working towards your goals - make sure every choice made in certain phase of the journey is yours, not others. Celebrate what your mind and body can do for you. I never felt so fit for a very long time after graduating from high school so it's quite a celebration.
  • People may not be too happy about what you could achieve when you could do what others refuse to do - and that's okay. You know the hardship so you own the result. Physical and mental health are achievable in this journey and we are making peace with our mind and body, not others' opinion and judgement.
  • Remember it takes me 15 years to gain the weight where I was so I shouldn't have the expectation of losing all of them in 6 months. No specific weight goal on my mind and I will see how far this could take me in terms of my stamina, energy level, and strength, without major bounce back.
If you'd ask me what are the other achievement I've made, well, I never step in gym to get this result so the costs go to yoga mats and gym outfit only since they are wearing out after 6 months. Food costs, no keto or organic so just any food with some calories estimation, health supplement e.g. collagen powder and some premium black coffee. I cut down significant amount of alcohol, too. Change of wardrobe - now I have more clothes to put on so no major revamp. It's quite a saving in overall.

Someone told me highly disciplined people are the creepiest for their persistence and they are driven all the time. So, I want to look back at this post some day as note to self. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨