Good, bad, ugly 2020

I'm sure many of us, including myself, can't wait to flip this year over despite everyone had high hope in the beginning. Challenging workload when your role is to travel and get things done, inconvenient habit of putting on a mask as soon as stepping out the house, abusively used the word 'virtual', and grounded for a very long period of time. So I thought to myself - why not spend some time to pen down some reflection here:

1. Working from home is about discipline and time management, and thus making you either a highly productive person or a procrastinator.

2. Breathe in a mask outside of OT is challenging - it's super suffocating under the hot sun or humid weather. Mask is new essential.

3. Delivery is SO easy for essentials, groceries, food and gift. It's new way to show love and care towards someone or on special occasions.

4. Substitute traffic and travelling time to overtimes, exercise or reading time. It makes me realise how much time I could spend wisely when I stop travelling.

5. Patience is a virtue. You could only wait for the number of positive cases stay low and not surge on daily basis, and make quick decision on your next move. 

6. Pandemic is a chain effect that you underestimate the biggest to smallest things could be affected you and people around you like a reset button.

7. Face-to-face meeting is luxury, so is close distance travel. But I guess it's good news to introverts when the extroverts need to behave like their counterparts.

8. I develop a healthy relationship with my mobile devices and I know when should I stop responding to emails, calls and texts. And I don't care if I have unread messages and don't bother to check if it never pops to the top again.

9. Build new habit by exercising and watching food intake everyday - something I never bother to achieve before. I am fully rested in 7-8 hours sleep everyday compared to 11-12 hours over the weekends in the past.

10. First time ever I spend my days waking up with my husband, working, having lunch, and going to bed together everyday - I thank pandemic for this opportunity to spend a year like this with my favourite person on earth.

Guess what, I have never felt so beautiful, confident and athletically fit all my life until 2020. So, in 2021, I want to keep doing the same good things all over again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨