Hannibal teaches you how to love

No, I'm kidding. Anthony Hopkins is a nice Englishman in "Meet Joe Black". And it's my pleasure to recommend you to watch this movie during Father's Day, which is a day I don't usually celebrate.



You know I have had this fantasy of being daddy's little girl, especially for a person who grew up with English TV programmes and incidentally can't enunciate a proper word. In Western culture, papa says 'I love you' so often to his little daughter - from her crib, to sending her to school, till her rejection for his love and existence in her high school times, and nearly an embarrassment to her life when she met a new, young lad who knows how to treat her well. Daughter, is like a man's last girlfriend on earth, whom he has given permission to take him for granted.

But I don't have such prerogative. I'm more to a Mommy's little girl. My mum trades her life to protect me from getting hurt. She doesn't care what I would think about her but she raised me up in the toughest time of her life. I'm not taking hints from being loved, as when I can't feel a single thing from you, love doesn't exist to me at all. I would not think you hate me but I simply don't feel the bond between us.

If it's for love, give it all in huge generosity.

"I wish you could have known my father," said, Susan Parrish to the Young man in coffee shop. And that's how you know how much your daughter is proud of you.

Actually I thank to the nature of having father and mother as a couple to a child, for I get to choose my favourite even when I'm not his or hers.

"Because I know that you love me. I mean, it's not like it is with her. Whenever she walks into the room, your eyes light up. She always gets a smile from you, as opposed to me. When I walk in, this look comes over your face, like, "what does she want now?" But you've never let either of us want for anything. Oh god, more than that. Daddy, more than that. I've felt loved, and that's all that matters. So, never mind favourites. You're allowed to have one. The point is, you've been mine."

Allison Parrish, Meet Joe Black

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨