Carousel

It used to be an ultimate fun carousel to me. A merry-go-round that was occupied by adults and kids; we sure had a kind captain who was in charge of the carousel's speed as well as the riders to be qualified on board. The captain believed the carousel should be a rider-powered rotating platform hence everyone should learn the discipline when being on board with others. Sometimes there were minor arguments and debate. Sometimes they held grudges against each other. But most of the times they would end the downs when another held their hands highly through a rough ride, which usually followed by heaps with laughter and riders' very own senses of humour.

When I first rode on the carousel, I was so envious of being fitted in their silly jokes. Most of them were very fun riders. They guided me on the seating, how to hold the handle, trying the new stunts to ensure I had the fun when I was bored with the traditional ride. They held me up when I fell from the seating, offered me candies when they had two in hands. I loved riding on that carousel until the light went off, and I could not wait to be the first rider in the next morning. Best thing of all was, the other riders would walk me home, take me for dinner, and treat me more than just a rider, or rather, a friend.

Lately, bullies intruded our carousel that induced some familiar riders left and hopped for other more comfortable ones. I saw sorrow and disappointment from whoever still rode on their usual seating. It was foreseeable the familiar faces would give up hope and drop the idea of defending our carousel. You might ask me now, where art thou captain?

One might have lost the heart when carousel is no longer one's priority.

And it is happening now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨