Dreaming time

Something to be ashamed of when I was asked about my dream job, dream house and dream car recently because I do not have a very specific one in mind. I hardly dream about tangible dream, which in opposite, it is more on those intangible ones, i.e. freedom, security, and love. Practical yet still keep the idealism within a very small, sacred part of me. 

Whenever I hear someone comments about how much they earn, how many assets in possession, and how many countries they have been to, I will probably just nod and do not know how to go on and probe for more questions such as 'what's your damage for the trip', 'owh that's nice. How's the neighbourhood?', 'oh my god I am so envy! Can I get a free ride later?' The silence will normally be interpreted as jealousy or uninterested; and then they would turn to the exciting crowd. Ah. That makes me an uninteresting person, not-so supportive friend, and notoriously is known as a hugest dork alive. So I guess it is boring when you are not interested in tangible dreams. 

Then, if you begin to talk about how much you want the freedom, security, and stuff... you will get these comments - 'wake up! there is no such thing called freedom 'cos you are searchable', 'I think cash or gold or jewelry give me the security I need', or 'nobody believes in love anymore' - bashed at your face right there. So you see how vulnerable it is for you to defend the intangible things you desire for. It is ostensibly desired when you have made all the tangible dreams come true then you start looking up for Maslow's hierarchy again and make sure you are on track. 

But, I do want a mini library and walk-in closet. Maybe an espresso machine or a set of bar equipment. Read books on weekend. Make drinks for friends. Organise a mini fashion show for the reflection on the mirror. I think these will occupy my 52 weekends already.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

Wednesday's Frisbee Day

不捨