I want to write again

I want to write again.

I stop reading when I stop writing, which decelerates learning - as if it's important to restart this habit. I used to write a lot, ranging from intelligible advice, biased perspective of society, college/office whine, daily experience, melancholy, to total gibberish, and that made me happy after clicking the Publish button. At one point of time, I was rather obsessed with customising the blog background and layout by using the basic html. I could achieve great satisfaction from writing and building website; what's more imagine it was the era without much resources from Google, 8MP phone camera, photoshop software, and widgets.

Recall of when I stopped writing:

  1. After starting my second job - it was a crazily-skewed learning curve at work and at office politics. I didn't have much time to write and whine and I knew it added more negativity by writing them out. I worried I might regret one day for the outpourings of discontent with life.
  2. Blogging politics - it was strange how politics extended from your real life to virtual platform. People criticised for the sake of criticising; some enjoyed watching the comeback after leaving you a nasty comment; people distorted and accumulated their judgement toward you after reading your post, especially your sarcasm.
  3. Blogging was no longer something I enjoyed anymore.
  4. Lesson to be learnt: keep your view to oneself.
However, I want to start blogging again plainly because social media apps take over the public interest and blogging trend is simply fading away so who still cares to read such long-winded post without pictures. Also, we have more choices about how we want to record our memories and words speak well on behalf of my voice. This shall be my first step after so many sporadic posts. Cheers to reviving my blogging habit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who shall be the next on the altar

不捨

Wednesday's Frisbee Day